The queen halted her advance down the hallway as a maid came scurrying towards her, clearly out of breath. “Goodness, did you run here? I highly doubt that was necessary Georgiana." The maid shook her, head, clutching her chest and trying to catch her breath. "Sorry your majesty but I received a letter to give to you personally. Besides it was addressed from the Duke of Luxemburg and I assumed you would want to read it immediately."
Biting her inner cheek, Marina glanced down at the letter, noting that the hand writing seemed awfully sloppy. It wasn’t like the Duke to write in such a way. It must have been important and Marina feared she already knew what it was about.
Taking the letter, she thanked the maid and wandered into the study. She carefully read over the note from her friend and sighed heavily. Another complication to add to her growing list. It seemed the weight of the world was on her shoulders and it was only getting worse. However despite her detest for what the letter had said…she couldn’t ignore her friend.
Marina walked over to the desk and picked up a quill, dipping it into the open ink and began writing a letter back.
I thank you for writing me. I will admit it was not filled with the writings I hoped it would be. There has been much going on here in Corona and not all of it good. Never in my life have I become so stressed from this situation I have found myself in. Even my health is deteriorating from these ongoing’s.
But I will come right to the point; I can not hold you back from something your heart is telling you to do. I never wish to do that to you. It is not fair of me. However I will say this as your friend…be careful. That woman is capable of more than you could ever imagine.
She stole my child right from her crib for her own selfish reasons. I am stating facts. Do keep your guard up at all times and keep her from my sight. More for her sake than mine. A mother’s scorn can be severe and I can assume you, I have had eighteen years of anger built up inside of me.
Just, stay safe.
Your friend, Marina del Sole The Queen of Corona
Addressing the back on it, she gave it to a passing maid to send it off to Luxemburg. A hand lifted to her forehead as her head began to spin. She could almost feel another stone being set upon her back.
When the letter first arrived, he refused to touch it. Within folded paper, he feared the worst. For hours it sat on the edge of his desk as slowly made his way through stacks of paperwork. Every once in a while, he would glance up from his documents and stare at the letter resting on his desk so innocently. The Duke felt his upper lip twitch as his fingers slowly flexed.
Theodore knew he had to open it. He couldn’t allow it to gather dust at the corner of his desk.
Bravely, he pushed his papers aside, placed his quill in his inkwell, and with trembling hands, took the letter. Speaking softly to himself, he started to mentally prepare his mind for whatever was going to be written. Shakily, he took the paper from the envelope and quickly read.
She … still wanted to be his friend?
His heart skipped a beat as he continued to read. She … didn’t mind? She wouldn’t keep them apart? The Duke felt a smile stretch across his face before it slipped off the minute it appeared.
Gothel couldn’t return to Corona.
That seemed sadly fair. Pursing his lips slightly, the Duke was unsure of what else she spoke of. Poor health and stress? Was she sick again? Scrambling for a clean sheet of paper, he reached for his quill and began to write.
Thank you. Even though I understand your plight against Gothel, I still thank you for not abandoning me as your friend. I know of her crimes—she told me. I suppose you could say we had a talk of sorts. We still are, mind you. She sharing her secrets and me mine. I already told her that if she wouldn’t be completely honest, I would ask her to leave for good. Again, I thank you.
But what else do you speak of? Why are you so stressed and why are you becoming sick? Pray tell, what is the matter? I understand if you don’t wish to tell me, however. But if I can help, I most certainly will.
Theodore Olivier Carriveau, the Grand Duke of Luxembourg
His handwriting wasn’t messy this time around.
Folding it up and sealing it, he gave it to a pageboy to mail as quickly as time would allow to Corona. Confused and scared, the Duke sat back in his chair and slowly pecked at his paperwork.
(Is there a genre for “boring-ass valley girl life?” Because that would be my genre.)
(Night, for sure. I am more awake and active at that time. During the day I’m sluggish as hell. xD So, yes, night works the best for me.)
"I … I just … I close up. Like a clam. I’m not sure why I do this, but I’ve always done it. Ever since I was a young boy. It seems that I’m only comfortable around those I love when I become like this; I—I shut the world off … and I’m rambling. So sorry."
- Arms: How do you feel about children, do you want some of your own (or more if you already have some)?
- Birth marks: Do you have a favourite tale?
- Freckles: If you could, what would you change about your body?
- Brain: What is something you want to master before you die?
- Bruises: Are you easily hurt?
- Bum: List 3 of your guilty pleasures
- Cheeks: Are you easily embarrassed?
- Chest: What’s your worst kept secret?
- Chin: How well do you take criticism?
- Clavicle: What is you favourite way to show and receive affection?
- Ears: How often do you eavesdrop?
- Elbows: How do you react to events with large crowds? (eg. Concerts, Shopping sales)
- Eyes: What has changed from how you see the world now and how you saw it 5 years ago?
- Feet: Can you dance well?
- Fingers: Can you play an instrument?
- Goosebumps: What scares you the most?
- Hands: Would you rather make something from scratch or get it made for you?
- Hair: What has been your biggest fashion faux pas?
- Heart: How do you deal with heartbreak?
- Hickeys: Have you ever fallen in love to fast and too hard?
- Hips: Is there anything you over indulge yourself with?
- Kidneys: What is your worst habit?
- Knees: Who was your last crush?
- Liver: What is your biggest pet peeve?
- Lungs: Do you smoke, how do you feel about smoking in general?
- Mouth: How often do you lie?
- Nails: When you’re feeling vulnerable, do you become more defensive or do you take the offensive and lash out?
- Nose: What is your favourite scent?
- Palms: Do you have a secret handshake with anyone?
- Ribs: Do you have anything you want to protect?
- Scars: Is there anything you want to confess?
- Shoulders: Would you rather be pampered or be the one pampering?
- Spine: What is your biggest weakness?
- Teeth: What is your favourite meal?
- Thighs: Have you ever been unfaithful?
- Throat: What is your proudest memory?
- Tongue: How many languages can you speak?
- Wrists: Have you ever been arrested?
- Veins: What gives you the biggest adrenaline rush?